Try your Facebook page in the demo(Note: This is just a demo - in the plugin every part of the feed is completely customizable)
Get a Facebook access token to view events
Notice: If you are using “Easy Social Post Feed” plugin you don’t have to follow these instructions unless you want to display page events. Alternatively, to get your own access token, you can use the simple “Connect My Facebook Page” button inside the plugin.
Facebook Developer Account
1) Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook account.
Note: You must use the username and password from your personal Facebook profile. Facebook doesn’t allow businesses to register as developers, only individuals.
2) if you haven’t registered as Facebook developer account click on Register button. Enter the details asked by Facebook it will take less than one minute
Create an App
3) Click on My Apps button and then click Create App button.
If Select a platform to get started screen shows up simply click on the Skip this step button below.
4) Enter the App name, You can enter any EG: ProCon.
Enter your email address and click Create App ID button. Complete the security check by clicking I am not robot.
Leave the app in Development mode, Don’t make it live.
5) Go to developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/ and select the same app you just set up from the Facebook App drop-down list. Click on Get Token drop-down and Select Get Page Access Token
6) Follow the prompts to authorize your app.
Ignore Submit for review notice. App will remain in development mode.
7) Select only one page from the list below in order to get Page Access token correctly, if you have multiple pages.
8) Once you’ve completed the steps this will then provide a temporary (1 hour) Access Token. Copy this temporary Access Token.
9) Go to https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/accesstoken/ and enter the temporary copied access token in Access Token field and click Debug button.
10) Click on the Extend Access token button at the bottom. It will display the never expiring Access token. Select the token by clicking on it and press ctrl/cmd + c to copy.
How to use the access token?You can use it in a shortcode by using the
[. You can use this access token in Widget Access token (optional) field.
efb_feed fanpage_id="YOUR_PAGE_ID" accesstoken="YOUR_ACCESS_TOKEN_HERE"]
If you’re receiving the following error message:
(#10) To use ‘Page Public Content Access’, your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this ‘Page Public Content Access’ feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review.
Then check the following three things:
- That you are an admin of the Facebook page you’re trying to display posts from
- That the app is in “Development” mode and not “Live”
- That you selected the correct app and Facebook page in step 5 and 7