Try your Facebook page in the demo(Note: This is just a demo - in the plugin every part of the feed is completely customizable)
Get a Facebook access token.
Notice: Not you cannot display events using Access token as Facebook have removed this feature.
Facebook Developer Account
1) Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook account.
Note: You must use the username and password from your personal Facebook profile. Facebook doesn’t allow businesses to register as developers, only individuals.
2) if you haven’t registered as Facebook developer account click on Register button. Enter the details asked by Facebook it will take less than one minute
Create an App
3) Click on My Apps button and then click Create App button.
4) Select App type. From the list select “Business” as the App type and click on the “Next” button.
5) Enter the App name, You can enter any EG: ProCon.
Enter your email address and click Create App ID button. Complete the security check by clicking I am not a robot.
**Leave the app in Development mode, Don’t make it live.
6) Go to developers.facebook.com/tools/explorer/ and select the same app you just set up from the Facebook App drop-down list.
7). In the Add Permissions field please enter the following permissions one by one if you just want to connect Facebook pages no need to add the Instagram permissions.
8) Click on the Get Token drop-down and Select Get Page Access Token.
9) Follow the prompts to authorize your app.
Ignore Submit for review notice. The app will remain in development mode.
10) Select only one page from the list below in order to get the Page Access token correctly, if you have multiple pages.
11) Once you’ve completed the steps this will then provide a temporary (1 hour) Access Token. Copy this temporary Access Token.
12) Click on the Extend Access token button at the bottom. It will display the never expiring Access token. Select the token by clicking on it and press ctrl/cmd + c to copy.
How to use the access token?
Now that you have the Access Token. Let’s make it work by following the steps below.
- Login to your WordPress site (WP-Admin).
- Go to Easy Social Feed -> Facebook or Instagram page.
- Click on Setup manually button.
- Select the type either page or group (skip this step for Instagram).
- Paste the access token you copied by following the steps earlier in the “Access Token” (see screenshot below).
- Click on the Submit button.
- Voila – you made it. Now follow the on screen steps on the plugin dashboard to display your stunning photos and posts.
If you’re receiving the following error message:
(#10) To use ‘Page Public Content Access’, your use of this endpoint must be reviewed and approved by Facebook. To submit this ‘Page Public Content Access’ feature for review please read our documentation on reviewable features: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/review.
Then check the following three things:
- That you are an admin of the Facebook page you’re trying to display posts from
- That the app is in “Development” mode and not “Live”
- That you selected the correct app and Facebook page in step 5 and 7