Due to recent changes in Instagram API they are deprecating the old API to improve privacy and security of Instagram users and moving to the Instagram Graph API which is connected with Facebook platform you will have to convert your account to Instagram Business Accounts or Instagram Creator Accounts and connect that account with any Facebook page that you manage.
How to convert account to Creator?
To switch your personal account or Business profile to a Creator Account:
- Go to your account and tap
- Select Account
- If you are migrating from a personal account, choose Get More Tools
- If you are migrating from a Business profile, choose Switch to Creator Account
- Select your category. You can choose a category that best describes what you do.
- Connect to your Facebook Page(not your personal Facebook account)
- If you have a Facebook Page you would like to link to your account, select it from the list that appears.
- If you do not have Facebook page you can create from here.
- Review your contact information. At least one form of contact information is required. You’ll have the option to display or hide this on your profile.
- Chose your profile display options. You can decide whether to hide or display your category and contact details on your profile.
How to convert account to Business?
To switch your profile to a business account:
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap the Business option.
- Follow the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This will make it easier to use all of the features available for businesses. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your business account.
- Add details such as your business or account’s category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
How to connect your business or creator account with Facebook Page?
To connect your Instagram account with Facebook Page:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Go to your Facebook Page.
- Select Settings at the top of your Page.
- Select Instagram.
- To add an existing Instagram account to your Page, Select Log in.
- Enter your Instagram account’s Username and Password, and select Log in.
Please note: It is required to connect your Instagram account with Facebook page not your personal Facebook account.